TechTalk: The Smarter Things We Do to Make Wi-Fi Better.
As a wireless innovator, we hear a lot of gripes about Wi-Fi technology. The single biggest complaint, bar none, is that wireless signals just don't reach where they should. And even when they do, they're flaky.
Our patented Smart Wi-Fi technology is a solution to this problem—once and for all.
Smart Wi-Fi is actually a collection of technologies, all designed to extend the range and reliability of wireless signals. These technologies eliminate much of the cost and complexity of conventional wireless LAN (WLAN) deployments.
Our Smart Wi-Fi includes recent technical advances in beam steering, beam forming, adaptive signal path selection, quality of service, traffic classification, and fancy RF routing.
Very cool stuff with more to come.
- BeamFlex A sophisticated smart antenna system that combines a multi-element antenna array and best path selection algorithms, to continually find the ideal route for a Wi-Fi signal to a given client at any time.
- SmartCast An advanced traffic engineering and quality of service system that classifies, prioritizes, and queues traffic, to ensure high-quality transmissions.
- SmartSec A collection of advanced security mechanisms, including the ability to dynamically generate pre-shared keys, plus role-based user access, wireless client isolation, and wireless intrusion detection.
- SmartMesh A state-of-the-art RF routing system that provides the ability to construct an adaptive, resilient, reliable high-speed wireless mesh network.
- 802.11n How Ruckus Wireless raises the standard for Wi-Fi delivery.
- Technology FAQ Learn more about the technology.