Ruckus ZoneFlex™ 7762
One of the Fastest 802.11n Outdoor Wi-Fi Access Point There is, Delivering Range, Reliability with Adaptive Antenna Technology
One of the first concurrent, dual-band (2.4/5Ghz) outdoor 802.11n access point, the ZoneFlex 7762 is in a class by itself. Ideal for enterprises looking to extend their wireless network outdoors or service providers that want to build multimedia hotspots and offload bulky data traffic from 3G networks, the ZoneFlex 7762 delivers one of the industry’s highest performance at range.
The ZoneFlex 7762 uniquely combines adaptive antenna technology, adaptive meshing and the power of 802.11n to enable a new level of outdoor performance at the lowest cost. Built to withstand the harshest of outdoor conditions, Ruckus designed the ZoneFlex 7762 with the flexibility to function as a standalone AP or as a managed device, using the same wireless controller as its indoor Smart Wi-Fi products. If no Ethernet cabling is available, the outdoor AP meshes seamlessly with the indoor ZoneFlex 7962. Unprecedented performance enables connections of 150Mbps or more between mesh nodes at distances of up to 300 meter or more. In addition, unlike other outdoor Wi-Fi device today, the ZoneFlex 7762 provides advanced interference mitigation to ensure the highest resilience for both client and inter-node mesh connections. Now customers have a simple to use, deploy – indoor/outdoor – Smart Wi-Fi environment that provides extended range, simple deployment, reliable connectivity and consistent performance at range. Now THAT’S interesting.
Integrates BeamFlex™ Smart Antenna Technology
- Enables consistent, high performance, extended coverage and multimedia support
- Automatic RF tuning adapts to constant changes in the environment with no client configuration needed
- Minimizes inter-nodal hops that degrade performance
- Results in fewer APs, more satisfied users
Provides Enormous Areas of Coverage
- Perfect for outdoor pool areas at hotels and resorts
- Ideal for schools, stadiums, and other outdoor sports facilities
- Excellent for enterprises that have shipping docks and other outdoor areas
- Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
Hardened enclosure for harsh outdoor environments
- IP-67 water and dust proof plastic enclosure with flexible wall, pole or ceiling mounting options ensures that no distortion of WiFi signals is introduced
- Built-in heater for cold climate (-40° C)
- Two external N-type antenna connectors
- Standard 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet (PoE), Ruckus custom high power PoE injector included, standard 802.3af output for surveillance camera
True Plug-And Play Multimedia Wireless LAN (WLAN) with Unmatched Ease of Use
- Quality of Service technology provides 4 queues per client station
- BeamFlex and Quality of Service technology deliver 600 Mbps of user throughput (300 Mbps/radio) for 20 concurrent voice calls, 100 simultaneous data users or 20 Mbps of guaranteed user throughput for over 100 meters (line of sight)
- Web-based wizard supports configuration by non-wireless expert through ZoneDirector
- Secure, sophisticated WLAN can be created in minutes
- No RF tuning or client configuration needed
Differentiated services with multiple SSIDs
- Up to 16 BSSIDs with unique QoS and security policies can be configured
- Enables hot-zone operators to easily offer tiered services to different user or traffic types
- Enterprises can differentiate guest, contractor, and employee access policies or segment different traffic types
- Captive portal and guest accounts
Wireless Broadband Access
Enterprise WLAN Extension
The Ruckus ZoneFlex 7762 represents a completely new class of outdoor Wi-Fi product that unleashes the promise of 802.11n – delivering unparalleled simplicity, throughput, range and reliability at a fraction of the cost of conventional alternatives.
The ZoneFlex 7762 is one of the first dual-band 802.11n outdoor access point to integrate dynamic beamforming technology to enable much longer range signals, better signal penetration inside buildings, and more resilient mesh connections that automatically adapt to interference and changing environmental conditions.
This high-gain smart antenna array supports up to 100 simultaneous data users or 20 concurrent voice calls, and capable of sustaining 20 Mbps of performance over 100 meters (LOS) and up to 10 Mbps of sustained throughput up to 300 meters per radio. Superior signal coverage reduces the number of APs required for any given area.
Simple Deployment and Configuration
The ZoneFlex 7762 implements Ruckus-patented BeamFlex™ smart antenna technology that enables consistent, high-performance, extended coverage and multimedia support. A Web-based wizard allows any computer user to configure ZoneFlex 7762s through the ZoneDirector™ — creating a secure and sophisticated WLAN in a matter of minutes. Ruckus ZoneFlex 7762s simply plug into any Ethernet network and automatically discover the ZoneDirector. No RF tuning, no client configuration needed. A true plug-and-play outdoor WLAN that is ready to use.
A sleek, lightweight design hiding external antennas is combined with ultra-simple, Wizard-based configuration to make configuration and installation as simple as it gets, performed in minutes, not hours.
Water and dust-proof IP-67 plastic enclosure with flexible mounting options (pole, ceiling, wall) ensures that no distortion of Wi-Fi signals is introduced.
Self-Organizing, Self-Healing Wireless Meshing. Reduced Costs.
Supporting advanced Smart Mesh Networking, the Ruckus ZoneFlex 7762 is perfect for service providers looking to quickly and economically expand branded broadband services, offload data traffic from congested 3G networks, deploy multimedia hotspots or offer wireless broadband services where fixed line access is limited. Smart Wi-Fi applied outdoors now enables new revenue-generating services such community Wi-Fi, IP-video applications, multimedia hotspots, extended WLAN services outdoors and 3G data offloading.
The ZoneFlex 7762 is also ideal for hotels, resorts, multi-dwelling units, schools, warehouses and other enterprises needing to deliver broadband access from the outside in or to extend managed wireless LANs (WLANs) outdoors where Ethernet cabling is not possible.
The ZoneFlex 7762 uniquely supports Ruckus Smart Mesh Networking technology. This enables providers and enterprises to easily extend Wi-Fi services to locations where cabling Ethernet is cost prohibitive or impossible. Smart Mesh Networking is self-organizing and self-healing allowing administrators to plug ZoneFlex 7762 APs into any power source or PoE injectors, then walk away. Advanced smart Wi-Fi design with concurrent 802.11n radios delivers 150 Mbps of sustained throughput between mesh APs 300 meters apart and 50 Mbps of sustained throughput to client devices 150 meters away. Dynamic RF routing between mesh nodes adapts ensures high reliability when the environment changes.
The ZoneFlex 7762 can be centrally configured and managed by the ZoneDirector Smart WLAN controller as part of a unified indoor/outdoor wireless LAN or deployed as a standalone AP and managed individually or through the FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi management system. ZoneDirector and/or FlexMaster provide a detailed view into and control over both indoor and outdoor Smart Wi-Fi APs enabling seamless and system-wide administration of the entire wireless environment.
Differentiated Services with Multiple SSIDs.
Up to eight discrete SSIDs can be configured within each ZoneFlex 7942-OT, each with unique broadcast, QoS, security, and management parameters assigned. This enables hotzone operators to easily offer tiered services to different user or traffic types. Enterprises can use these features to differentiate guest, contractor, and employee access policies or to segment different traffic types.
Used with ZoneDirector, ZoneFlex 7762 provides first-of-its-kind automatic user security enforcement. With Ruckus Dynamic PSK™, new users simply plug their computers into the LAN, then specify a URL that directs them to a captive portal for a one-time authentication. Then, ZoneDirector automatically configures the user’s system with the designated SSID and a unique, dynamically-generated encryption key.
Business-Class Multimedia Hotzones.
The ZoneFlex 7762 lets operators build a new class of multimedia hotspots. A directional antenna array and expert QoS software optimize delay sensitive, IP video and high-density voice over Wi-Fi (VoFi) applications and PoE out allows connecting other devices such as an IP camera.
With integrated support for L2TP tunneling and WISPr traffic redirection, the ZoneFlex 7762 is ideally suited to help providers deliver consistent access policies and user experience across all locations. This may include various authentication schemes, a selection of free services, and a user interface that protects the provider’s brand name while allowing for delivery of dynamic content.
Dynamic RF Management
An integrated smart antenna system (BeamFlex) automatically coordinates local RF management—automatically steering Wi-Fi signals toward each receiver and away from noise. Unlike omni antennas, BeamFlex does not constantly radiate in all directions thereby minimizing adjacent AP interference. The Ruckus ZoneDirector also dynamically exerts control over RF channel assignments and transmit power levels to further optimize the RF environment without manual intervention. And with the self-optimizing Ruckus BeamFlex technology, the ZoneFlex 7762 can be installed without extensive site surveys and RF planning.
A patented smart antenna array integrates nineteen high-gain vertically and horizontally-polarized antenna elements. This enables over 4,000 potential antenna combinations and up to 7dB gain, delivering unprecedented range extension, signal reliability and higher data rates. Automatic dynamic beamforming combined with unique interference avoidance technology delivers up to 7dBi of signal gain and -15dB of interference rejection.
Physical Characteristics Power Power over Ethernet and 12VDC Physical Size 23.95cm (L), 19.55cm (W), 14.1cm (H) Weight 1900 grams (4.19 lbs) RF
- Adaptive antenna array that provides 4,000+ unique antenna patterns
- Maximum EIRP1
- 2.4 GHz: 31 dBm
- 5 GHz: 31 dBm
- Physical antenna gain:
- 8dBi 2.4 GHz and 10dBi 5 GHz
- BeamFlex SINR Tx gain2: up to 6 dB
- BeamFlex SINR Rx gain: up to 4 dB
- Interference mitigation: up to 15 dB
- Minimum Rx sensitivity3: -95 dBm
- 2 ports, auto MDX, auto-sensing RJ-45
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Power over Ethernet (802.3at) input
- 10/100 Mbps Power over Ethernet (802.3af) output
- IP-67 rated
- Operating air temperature:
- -40°C – 65° C (-40°F – 149°F)
- -20°C when heater disabled
- 12.95W (PoE)
- 15W (12V DC)
Performance and Supported Configurations Concurrent stations Up to 100/radio Target UDP throughput
- Up to 150 Mbps sustained throughput over 300 meters between mesh nodes
- Up to 50 Mbps sustained throughput over 150 meters to client devices
Simultaneous Vo-Fi clients up to 20 Traffic Management and Quality of Services Classes of service Voice, video, best effort and background Software queues Four per station 802.11e Supported Automatic traffic classification Automatic type of service tagging for multicast video packets Rate Limiting Supported VLAN support 802.1Q Heuristic classification Supported Deployment Options
- Managed by ZoneDirector
- Individually Managed
- Managed by FlexMaster
PoE Injector Ruckus custom high power PoE injector included Management Configuration Web user interface, CLI (Telnet), SSH HTTP/S, SNMP statistics interface, TR-069 through FlexMaster Statistics LAN, wireless and associated stations (accessible via Web UI) Auto AP Software updates FTP or TFTP, remote auto available Wi-Fi Standards
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz concurrent operation
Supported data rates
- 802.11n: 6.5Mbps – 130Mbps (20MHz), 6.5Mbps – 270Mbps (40MHz)
- 802.11a: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
- 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps
- 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
Radio Chains 3x3 Spatial Streams 2 RF Power Output 28 dBm/600 mW Channelization 20MHz and/or 40MHz Frequency Band
- IEEE 802.11n: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz and 5.15 – 5.85 GHz
- IEEE 802.11a: 5.15 – 5.875 GHz
- IEEE 802.11b: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz
- 2.4 GHz channels: US/Canada: 1-11, Europe (ETSI X30): 1-13
- 5 GHz channels: Country dependent for the following channel ranges: 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165, 169, 173
BSSID Up to eight per radio (16 total) Power Save Supported Wireless Security
- WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-TKIP, WPA2 AES, 802.11i
- Authentication via 802.1X with the ZoneDirector, local authentication database, support for RADIUS and ActiveDirectory
- U.S., Europe, Canada, Australia, India, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, New Zealand
- WEEE/RoHS compliance
- Wi-Fi Alliance Certification (Wi-Fi Certified™) - in process
Product Ordering Information ZoneFlex 7762 Dual Band 802.11n Outdoor Access Point Model 901-7762-XX01 Description Centrally managed concurrent dual band 802.11n outdoor access point PLEASE NOTE: When ordering you must specify the destination region by indicating -US, -EU, -UK, -CH, -UN, -AU, -UU or -IN instead of XX.
BeamFlex gains are statistical system-level effects, translated to enhanced SINR here, and based on observations over time in real-world conditions with multiple APs and many clients
Rx sensitivity varies by band, channel width, and MCS rate
- Customer Videos
- Data/Feature Sheets
- Case Studies
- White/Black Papers
- Application Notes
- Product Info