Ruckus ZoneFlex™ 7962
Ultra-fast and Reliable Wireless with the Dual-Band 802.11n Smart Wi-Fi Access Point with Adaptive Antenna Technology
Now enterprise companies can easily and affordably build higher-speed 802.11n wireless networks that deliver wire-like reliability and consistent performance at range. The Ruckus ZoneFlex 7962 is the dual-band 802.11n enterprise-class AP that concurrently supports spatial multiplexing, automatic interference mitigation and adaptive antenna technology. The ZoneFlex 7962 delivers ultra-high speed, reliable and long-range client connectivity within challenging RF environments. It’s also the only 802.11n product purpose-built for hotels, schools and enterprises that enables high-definition IPTV, video-on-demand and other video applications while supporting data applications for guests and employees.
Ultra high performance and cost effective
- Concurrent dual-band (5GHz/2.4GHz) support
- 300 Mbps of user throughput
- Adaptive Antenna Technology
- Advanced RF management
Adaptive Antenna Technology and automatic interference mitigation
- Up to 4 times extended range and coverage
- Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
- Integrated smart antenna array with over 4,000 unique patterns for ultra reliability
- Physical antenna gain of 8 dBi
- Up to an additional 6 dB BeamFlex gain and 15 dB interference migitation
Concurrent support for HD IPTV, VoIP and data
- Support for isochronous, multicast IP video streaming
- Four queues per client station
- Delivers 20 concurrent voice calls, 100 simultaneous data users or 20 Mbps of guaranteed user throughput for over 100 meters (line of sight)
Smart meshing increases flexibility, reduces costs
- Smart Mesh Networking
- Admission control/load balancing
Differentiated services with multiple SSIDs
- 16 BSSIDs with unique QoS and security policies
- WEP, WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support
- Zero-IT and Dynamic PSK
- Captive portal and guest accounts
- RADIUS and Active Directory support
Ultra High Performance WLANs
High Performance WLAN Extension
The Ruckus ZoneFlex 7962 is the affordable, dual-band 802.11n access point that delivers ultra-high speed, reliable and long-range client connectivity within challenging RF environments.
The ZoneFlex 7962 is based on dynamic RF beamforming technology that extends signal range two to four times while minimizing packet loss by constantly routing Wi-Fi transmissions over the best performing signal paths.
The enterprise-class AP that concurrently supports spatial multiplexing, automatic interference rejection and dynamic beamforming, the ZoneFlex 7962 delivers the industry’s most solid 802.11n performance at range. It’s also the only 802.11n product purpose-built for hotels, schools and enterprises that enables high-defi nition IPTV, video-on-demand and other video applications while supporting data applications for guests and employees.
As one of the most affordable and fastest 802.11n system available today, the ZoneFlex 7962 offers unmatched price/performance. The ZoneFlex 7962 delivers 100 to 300 percent faster Wi-Fi speeds at a fraction of the cost of competitive solutions and is simpler to confi gure, deploy and manage.
Through the use of a patented, integrated intelligent antenna array, dynamic beamforming provides consistent performance at range. Wi-Fi signals are automatically formed and directed over the best performing paths to each client based on continuous feedback.
The ZoneFlex 7962 is the only 802.11n access point to provide automatic interference mitigation. By rejecting unwanted interference that causes packet loss and retransmissions, the 7962 provides added signal gain and unprecedented Wi-Fi reliability.
And because the ZoneFlex 7962 is able to constantly find the best RF paths for each packet, once deployed, enterprises never have to worry about constant site surveys as the environment changes.
In a centrally-managed WLAN configuration with the ZoneDirector Smart WLAN controller, all 802.11n is sent directly to its destination and not required to pass through the controller. This eliminates performance bottlenecks and single points of failure.
The ZoneFlex 7962 uniquely supports Ruckus Smart Mesh Networking technology. This enables enterprises to easily extend Wi-Fi services to locations where cabling Ethernet is cost prohibitive or impossible. Smart Mesh Networking is self-organizing and self-healing, allowing administrators to plug ZoneFlex 7962 APs into PoE injectors, then walk away.
Up to 16 discrete SSIDs can be configured within each Ruckus ZoneFlex 7962, each with unique broadcast, QoS, security and management parameters assigned. SSIDs can be mapped to different APs or VLANs. SSIDs can also be grouped and shared by specific APs.
The ZoneFlex 7962 provide unique support for isochronous, delay-sensitive traffic such as IP-based streaming video (IPTV) and voice over IP. By effectively eliminating packet loss, the ZoneFlex 7962 delivers picture-perfect video to IP-capable devices while supporting high-performance, high-density data requirements.
Security Used with ZoneDirector, ZoneFlex 2741 provides first-of-its-kind automatic user security enforcement. With Ruckus Dynamic PSK™, new users simply plug their computers into the LAN, then specify a URL that directs them to a captive portal for a one-time authentication. Then, ZoneDirector automatically configures the user’s system with the designated SSID and a unique, dynamically-generated encryption key.
Automated deployment keeps configuration and installation super simple - even for large enterprise deployments. And support for standard 802.3af Power Over Ethernet (PoE) eliminates migration pains by leveraging existing PoE switches.
As a smarter dual-band 802.11n AP, the ZoneFlex 7962 gives enterprises protection over their wireless investments by supporting legacy 802.11a/b/g clients.
Physical Characteristics Power
- External power adapter
- Input: 110-240V AC
- Output: 12V DC, 1.5A
- Power over Ethernet Class 0
Physical Size 19.43cm (L), 14.43cm (W), 12.38cm (H) Weight 680 grams (1.5 lbs.) RF
- Adaptive antenna array that provides 4,000+ unique antenna patterns
- Maximum EIRP1
- 2.4 GHz: 31 dBm
- 5 GHz: 29 dBm
- Physical antenna gain:
- 8dBi (2.4 and 5 GHz)
- BeamFlex SINR Tx gain2: up to 6 dB
- BeamFlex SINR Rx gain: up to 4 dB
- Interference mitigation: up to 15 dB
- Minimum Rx sensitivity3: -98 dBm
- 2 ports, auto MDX, auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ-45
- Power over Ethernet (802.3af)
Lock Option Integrated Kensington lock Environmental conditions
- Operating Temperature: 32°F (0°C) - 122°F (50°C)
- Operating Humidity: 15% - 95% non-condensing
- 12.95W (PoE)
- 15W (12V DC)
Performance and Supported Configurations Concurrent stations Up to 200 Target UDP throughput 150-200 Mbps (300 Mbps bursts) sustainable throughput for a 5000 sq. foot (460 sq meter) area for each radio for each band Simultaneous Vo-Fi clients up to 20 Traffic Management and Quality of Services Classes of service Voice, video, best effort and background Software queues Four per station 802.11e Supported Automatic traffic classification Automatic type of service tagging for multicast video packets Rate Limiting Supported VLAN support 802.1Q Heuristic classification Supported Deployment Options
- Managed by ZoneDirector
- Individually Managed
- Managed by FlexMaster
Management Configuration Web user interface, CLI (Telnet), SSH HTTP/S, SNMP via ZoneDirector, TR-069 via FlexMaster Statistics LAN, wireless and associated stations (accessible via Web UI) Auto AP Software updates FTP or TFTP, remote auto available Wi-Fi Standards
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz concurrent operation
Supported data rates
- 6.5Mbps – 144.4Mbps (20MHz)
- 6.5Mbps – 270Mbps (40MHz)
- 802.11a: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
- 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps
- 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6 Mbps
Radio Chains 3x3 Spatial Streams 2 Channelization 20MHz and/or 40MHz Frequency Band
- IEEE 802.11n: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz and 5.15 – 5.85 GHz
- IEEE 802.11a: 5.15 – 5.85 GHz
- IEEE 802.11b: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz
- US/Canada: 1-11
- Europe ( ETSI X30): 1-13
- Japan X41: 1-13
- 5GHz channels: Country dependent for the following channel ranges: 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165
BSSID Up to eight per radio (16 total) Power Save Supported Wireless Security
- WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-TKIP, WPA2 AES, 802.11i
- Authentication via 802.1X with the ZoneDirector, local authentication database, support for RADIUS, LDAP, and ActiveDirectory
- U.S., Europe, Canada, Australia, India, Hong Kong
- WEEE/RoHS compliance
- Wi-Fi Alliance Certification (Wi-Fi Certified™)
Product Ordering Information ZoneFlex 7962 Dual Band 802.11n Access Point Model 901-7962-XX01 Description Centrally managed concurrent dual band 802.11n access point PLEASE NOTE: When ordering you must specify the destination region by indicating -US, -EU, -UK, -UN, -AU, -UU or -IN instead of XX.
BeamFlex gains are statistical system-level effects, translated to enhanced SINR here, and based on observations over time in real-world conditions with multiple APs and many clients
Rx sensitivity varies by band, channel width, and MCS rate
- External power adapter
- Customer Videos
- Data/Feature Sheets
- Case Studies
- White/Black Papers
- Application Notes
- Product Info