Ruckus ZoneDirector™ 1000/1100
The “IT Lite” Wireless LAN Solution For Smaller Businesses.
One of the first complete wireless LAN (WLAN) developed specifically for the needs and budgets of small-to-medium enterprises (SMEs) and hotzone operators. Redundant and secure, the ZoneDirector 1000/1100 gives them the same enterprise features as the ZoneDirector 3000. It’s perfect for operators who want to offer business class hot spot services such as voice over Wi-Fi, IP-based video, secure enterprise access and tiered Wi-Fi services in venues such as hotels, airports, schools and public buildings. Easily deployed, centrally managed, and automatically tuned, ZoneDirector 1000/1100 is ideal for small businesses that require a robust and secure WLAN.
The ZoneDirector 1000/1100 integrates the Ruckus Smart/OS application engine that delivers advanced features such as smart wireless meshing, high availability, hot spot authentication, elegant guest networking and dynamic Wi-Fi security. It can be deployed and operated by non-wireless experts and installed quickly and easily through a point-and-click web-based wizard. Any organization with limited IT staff and budget can create a robust and secure multimedia WLAN in a matter of minutes.
Smart/OS Software Suite and Application Engine
- Provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management.
- SmartMesh wireless meshing that is self-organizing, self-optimizing, and self-healing
- Adaptable Hybrid SmartMesh extends the wireless network through Ethernet-connected APs, increasing system performance through better spatial reuse
- Elegant guest networking without the hassle
- Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) that are automatically installed on clients
- Support for 802.1x, LDAP (captive portal), native Active Director, and RADIUS authentication and dynamic VLAN assignment capabilities
- Multi-site authentication to scale large deployments
- Automatic traffic redirection using WISPr for multi-site authentication for large-scale deployments
- Automatically ensures predictable performance for voice, video, and multimedia through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming
- Bandsteering, load balancing, and airtime fairness to optimize Wi-Fi spectrum
- Users access policies provide rich WLAN control
- Traffic thresholds for users on a specific SSID to ensure fairness
- Maximizes data throughput by sending all data traffic directly from the access points to the wired network
Easy to Deploy and Manage
- Seamlessly integrates with existing network, security, and authentication infrastructure
- Automatically discovers and configures ZoneFlex APs, which become instantly manageable
- Dynamic RF controls over transmit power and channel assignments
- Supports 32 unique WLANs mapped to specific APs or VLANs
- Is easily configured in minutes through point-and-click web-based wizard
- Customizable dashboard provides comprehensive at-a-glance network snapshot and allows drill down to troubleshoot wireless problems
- Bridges gap between standalone, feature-deficient access points (APs) that must be individually managed and the costly, cumbersome WLAN systems
- Provides features not found in costlier WLAN systems
- Can be configured by non-IT staff
What’s New in the ZoneDirector 1100
With the introduction of ZoneDirector 1100, you will have the same ease of use and compact footprint as the ZD 1000 including enterprise class features such as centralized AP management, 802.1x security, and Smart Redundancy. The ZD 1100 comes with more memory to support more Smart WLAN features.
Sample Floor Layout
ZoneDirector 1000/1100 provides WLAN-wide network, security, RF, and location management within a easy-to-use system that costs way less than competing products. It automatically manages the ZoneFlex network of APs, adjusting transmit power levels and RF channel assignments to prevent adjacent APs from interfering, and enabling redundant coverage if an AP fails. Configuration changes can easily be applied to multiple APs or to the entire system simultaneously. A customizable dashboard provides instant access to a variety of client and network information and events, and a real time heat map displays AP locations and signal coverage, as well as Ruckus Smart Mesh Networking topology.
The Ruckus Mobility module delivers faster and more secure Wi-Fi roaming for Voice over IP (VoIP) as well as data applications. A simple software license for the Ruckus ZoneOS (version 7.0 and higher), the Ruckus Mobility module adds key capabilities to the Ruckus ZoneFlex line of Smart Wireless controllers such as wireless LAN tunneling for voice over Wi-Fi applications and 802.1X fast roaming.
The Ruckus Mobility module minimizes erratic Wi-Fi behavior by enabling uninterrupted voice calls through the use of Layer 3 tunneling and using key caching techniques when roaming across ZoneFlex 802.11g/n access points (AP) to minimize roaming delays.
Innovative Security Features.
All clients attempting to access the WLAN are sent to ZoneDirector for authentication and authorization. In addition, a patent-pending Dynamic Pre-Shared Key (PSK) capability streamlines WLAN security. First-time users simply plug their computers into the WLAN and specify a URL, which directs them to a captive Web portal for one-time authentication. Then, ZoneDirector automatically configures the user's system with the designated SSID and a unique, dynamically-generated encryption key.
Self-Organizing, Self-Healing Wireless Meshing.
ZoneDirector's Smart Mesh eliminates the need to run Ethernet cabling to Smart Wi-Fi APs, since they can simply be plugged into any power source. Leveraging Smart Wi-Fi technology that provides extended range and dynamic signal controls, Smart Mesh Networking minimizes inter nodal hops that degrade performance, and automatically adapts Wi-Fi connections between nodes to environmental changes.
Interference Reduction And Highest Quality of Service.
ZoneDirector 1000/1100 automatically controls the channels assignments and transmit power levels of all ZoneFlex Smart Wi-Fi APs. Their sophisticated RF management focuses RF signals toward clients and away from interference, automatically maximizing performance and coverage and reducing the number of APs required. And through BeamFlex, ZoneFlex continually picks the best path for every packet to the client, as well as among mesh APs.
Advanced Performance Monitoring.
ZoneDirector 1000/1100 integrates with a unique performance utility, SpeedFlex™, which allows administrators to locally or remotely determine client Wi-Fi performance over the WLAN. It enables administrators to better plan, troubleshoot, monitor, and measure WLAN performance.
Physical Characteristics Power
- External power adapter
- Input: 110-240V AC
- Output: 12V DC, 1A
Physical Size 25cm (L), 15.93cm (W), 3.86cm (H) Weight 2.2 lbs (1 kilogram) Ethernet Ports 2 ports, auto MDX, auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ-45 LED display Power/status Environmental conditions
- Operating temperature: 32° F (0°C) - 122°F (50°C)
- Operating humidity: 15% - 95% non condensing
Management Configuration Web user interface, FlexMaster™ Statistics LAN, wireless and associated stations (available via UI) Auto AP software updates Supported Captive Portal Supported Guest accounts Supported VLAN support 802.1Q (per BSSID) DHCP Server Supported AP Discovery & Control Layer-2 or Layer-3 WLANs (BSSIDs) up to eight Security Wireless Security WEP, WPA-TKIP, WPA2-AES, 802.11i Authentication 802.1X, local database, external AAA servers, ActiveDirectory, RADIUS Local authentication 1000 user entries Multimedia and Quality of Service VoIP Tunneling Supported 802.11e Supported Software Queues Per traffic type, per client Auto-classification Heuristics Rate Limiting Supported Certifications Countries FCC (U.S.), IC (Canada), CE (EU), C-Tick (Aus/NZ), and OFTA (Hong Kong) Performance and Supported Configurations Number of managed APs Up to 50 Concurrent stations Up to 1250
- Customer Videos
- Data/Feature Sheets
- Case Studies
- White Papers
- Application Notes
- Product Info