Ruckus Mobile Internetworking Solutions for Carriers
Mobile operators and broadband service providers everywhere are under pressure to offer better network performance to keep up with insatiable subscriber demand for bandwidth. But the implications are dire: the cost of transporting data is expected to outpace revenue, and a poor user experience resulting from network congestion will result in churn, one of the largest costs operators incur.
Wi-Fi presents an attractive option and complimentary technology for operators looking to scale capacity, efficiency and footprint of their existing macro networks. Leveraging patented Smart Wi-Fi technology that delivers unprecedented reliability within the unlicensed spectrum, the new Ruckus Mobile Internet solution was purpose-built for the stringent requirements of Tier 1 and Tier 2 operators.
Ruckus Mobile Internet solutions let service providers deliver reliable, indoor/outdoor, always-on, broadband services using Smart Wi-Fi technology at a fraction of the cost and complexity of conventional macro alternatives.
No spectrum licenses, long lead times or complex configuration. Using dual-band 802.11n technology, dynamic beamforming and smart, adaptive mesh networking, operators can now deploy a complete, end-to-end, managed wireless infrastructure that provides consistent broadband performance for a broad range of applications such as:
- Wireless Broadband Access — Enabling, large-scale reliable broadband access using smart Wi-Fi in locations where fixed line or macro wireless technologies are not available or cost effective.
- 3G/4G Offload — Using Smart Wi-Fi to increase capacity and coverage while easing data congestion on cellular infrastructures
- Managed Wireless LAN services — Extending branded broadband services into public venues, hotels, schools and other enterprise environments while enabling new sources of recurring revenue.
- Backhaul — Long-range, affordable and high-speed Wi-Fi backhaul for LTE, GSM and wireless broadband access.
- Cable MSO Services — Cable operators are aggressively deploying Wi-Fi services as they see it as a way to reduce customer churn and generate incremental revenue.
- High Density — Much of the congestion in cellular networks is driven by very high concentrations of data users in high-density venues. Wi-Fi is ideally suited to the challenges of designing for density.