U.S. Federal Government
Modernize and Scale the Network with Secure Wi-Fi and Switching
The primary mission of military and civilian federal agencies—protecting and serving citizens—has never been more critical. But budget and manpower realities, not to mention evolving security threats, are making it harder to succeed at these missions. Your agency needs to modernize its IT infrastructure continuously, do it at scale, and manage it with the people and budget you have. ‘Doing more with less’ is not just a clever catchphrase.
With a twenty-year history of Federal IT network modernization, Ruckus knows how to help federal agencies update their access infrastructure in a scalable and secure fashion. From software-upgradeable switches to Wi-Fi that works in the toughest environments, to secure access for every device and user, Ruckus makes life easier for IT—with a total cost of ownership that gets IT modernization done faster.
Learn more about Campus Switches Certifications
Build and manage city-scale networks
Federal networks operate at a scale shared by few organizations. Such scale brings challenges: multiple sites with multiple management interfaces, inflexible architectures, efficient network problem isolation, and adequate service-level delivery across diverse indoor and outdoor environments. Ruckus provides the tools to build and manage large-scale networks:
- Campus Fabric lets IT manage an 1800-port access switching infrastructure as a single logical L2/L3 network element
- The SmartZone WLAN controller manages 30,000 access points from a single interface
- Visual Connection Diagnostics lets IT visually pinpoint the source of a network problem
- Ruckus SmartCell Insight™ (SCI) predictive analytics automatically identifies potential network issues
- The SmartZone controller supplies a near real-time, northbound feed of all WLAN KPIs
Secure access, no matter the device or the environment
Federal workforces want the mobility and convenience of “Bring Your Own Device” (BYOD). But risks associated with identity and unauthorized access are all too real. Even with agency-supplied devices, an IT helpdesk overrun with password-related trouble tickets is also a too-frequent reality.
The result: security, employee productivity and IT productivity are lower than they should be. Ruckus helps by providing the means for secure user and device access in a way that’s more secure than passwords, doesn’t burden IT and minimizes end-user frustration—for hundreds of thousands of users.
The Ruckus Cloudpath Enrollment System offers:
- Certificate-based, secure connectivity with WPA2-Enterprise—the gold standard in encryption—to eliminate password hassles for BYOD users
- Self-service onboarding that dramatically reduces the burden on IT when it comes to bringing new users and devices—including BYOD and guest users—onto the network
- Policy management for granular role-based access control—users only get access to appropriate network resources
- Maximum flexibility with cloud or on-premises deployment, support for any wired/wireless network infrastructure, and customizable workflows
- Visibility and control over what devices are on the network, with each device associated with a user
Squeeze more out of your network, cut your TCO
As a federal IT leader, a gold-plated network is not what you’re after. You need to modernize as much of your network as you can with this year’s budget while making sure you maximize the lifespan of the equipment you buy. A Ruckus network lets you:
- Minimize over-provisioning through use of fixed, stackable, software-upgradeable switches that yield chassis benefits without chassis cost and forklift replacement cycles
- Minimize sparing requirements. Every switch and every access point can be used in every Ruckus control, management and distribution architecture.
- Reduce WLAN infrastructure cost by deploying fewer, more capable access points that serve more users better
- Reduce backhaul costs by distributing the WLAN data plane across sites
- Reduce WLAN CAPEX by going all-virtual