Ruckus has a fully integrated body of features to handle BYOD stress points for both administrators and users.
With the proliferation of Bring Your Own Device (BYOD), enterprises need to focus on two key aspects of their wireless LAN (WLAN) infrastructure; maintaining network performance and ensuring network security, even for user-owned devices.
As Wi-Fi devices and applications are now central to almost every business operation, the wireless network must be reliable. Yet, legacy solutions were not engineered to deal with the high density of devices and the throughput required to sustain a fast and reliable wireless experience. The wireless network must be designed for interference mitigation and high-density environments. Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi delivers the best high capacity performance to handle the toughest workloads.
Equally important, network managers need to secure the connections of any Wi-Fi devices such as laptops, tablets, phones and even game consoles or Apple TVs.
With Zero-IT and DPSK, Ruckus delivers basic out-of-the-box device provisioning and onboarding tools that are foolproof for users and simple to implement by IT staff. For larger-scale deployments, Ruckus Cloudpath delivers secure and automated device enablement that is easy to use for both end-users and IT administrators, and provides the most robust standards-based security via x.509 certificates and self-service workflows.
Handling BYOD with Ruckus
- Cloudpath: Cloudpath provides automated, self-service onboarding for employees and others with personal devices (BYOD). Designed on the concept of least-privilege, Cloudpath distinguishes personal devices from IT-owned assets and applies the appropriate policies. With support for automated configuration of certificates, Wi-Fi, email and more, Cloudpath ensures personal devices are onboarded effortlessly and secured appropriately without intrusive management agents.
- Dynamic PSK: offers a per-user PSK, which finds an ideal balance between 802.1X and passphrases. It’s easy to implement, highly secure, and included at no extra cost with Ruckus controllers.
- Zero-IT Activation: securely provisions and onboards wireless clients in an intuitive way, enabling network users to connect without IT staff intervention.
- System Integration: Leverage your existing resources for BYOD enablement by integrating existing network segmentation and security architectures, authentication protocols, and directory services.
- Client Visibility: delivers granular monitoring and diagnostics so administrators and support staff can keep better tabs on, and make informed decisions about, usage trends and network behavior.
- High Performance: Ruckus BeamFlex+ adaptive antenna technology optimizes throughput while ChannelFly automates channel selection. This robust wireless performance enables users to connect and stay connecting, allowing BYOD initiatives to drive the business.
- Flexibility: Granular reinforcement through device fingerprinting and access control features. Device-specific awareness can be used to enforce policy and improve network operations, troubleshooting, and policy changes over time.