SmartCell Gateway 200
The World’s Most Scalable 3GPP WLAN Platform
The SmartCell™ Gateway (SCG) 200 represents the first in a new category of scalable and versatile WLAN controllers with support for 3GPP compatible WLAN gateway functionality.
It has been designed to eliminate the difficulties service providers and enterprises are experiencing when building and managing large-scale Wi-Fi radio access networks and integrating them into their core networks. It can run in the Cloud or on an external appliance when required. The following is a brief description of some of the features that come with the appliance-based SCG implementation.
- Scalable WLAN Controller Functionality
- The SCG 200 offers one of the industry’s most scalable WLAN controller architectures, through a unique, dynamically scalable clustering model that maintains carrier-class availability and resiliency through N+1 redundancy and hot-swappable components. An SCG 200 cluster can support tens of thousands of Ruckus Smart Wi-Fi APs and hundreds of thousands of concurrent Wi-Fi subscribers, with an aggregate throughput of 20Gbps per 2RU’s of rack space.
- Scalable WLAN Gateway Functionality
- The SCG 200 can provide Trusted WLAN Gateway functionality per 3GPP TS 23.402. Trusted WLAN Gateway functionality allows a Wi-Fi radio access network to connect to a P-GW (or GGSN) in the mobile packet core over industry standard interfaces and using standard protocols like GTP and PMIP.
- SWIPE (Smart Wireless Installation and Provisioning Engine)
- SWIPE is a mobile application running on Apple iOS and Android mobile devices. It makes deploying a new AP as simple as scanning the barcode of the AP, entering its name, taking a picture of the AP once installed, using a default WLAN to automatically download the IP address of the host SCG 200 to the AP being installed, and uploading the correct zone for that AP to the host SCG via a standard cellular modem.
- SPoT Location Based Services
- This release introduces support for Ruckus’ Smart Positioning Technology (SPoT) location-based services. Ruckus SPoT™ is the industry’s first cloud-based location technology suite that enables service providers and enterprise customers to deliver a wide range of location-based services.
- Smartway Bonjour Gateway Support
- The SmartWay Bonjour Gateway allows customers to discover Bonjour services (such as AirPlay, Apple TV and other Apple network services) and other mDNS based products like ChromeCast across VLANs and subnets.
- Hotspot 2.0 based Automatic and Secure Roaming
- Hotspot 2.0 enables seamless network discovery and selection along with seamless authentication using 802.1x/EAP. It represents the future of Wi-Fi roaming and has picked up a tremendous amount of support throughout the wireless industry.
- Carrier-class Element Management System
- The SCG 200 provides an integrated carrier-class element management system (EMS) that can be used for rapid deployment and eliminates the need for separate and expensive management systems.
Number of APs supported10,000
Clients300,000 per cluster
45.53 cm (W) x 50.8 cm (L) x 8.76 cm (H)
Ethernet ports2x 10GbE; serial ports
Authentication supportRefer to data sheet
Guest networking / captive portalYes
AP discovery and controlL2/L3
Management interfaceWeb, CLI, SCI
Management protocol(s)SNMP v3
VLAN supportDynamic VLANs
DeploymentTunneled and Local Breakout
Power supplyDC or AC
FansSix redundant, not hot swappable