Take the Guesswork Out of Planning a World Class Wireless LAN with a Smarter WiFi RF Simulation Tool
Accurate network planning is one of most critical steps to successful WiFi deployment, while poor planning leads to over-spending on infrastructure - resulting in spotty coverage and unhappy users.
ZonePlanner is ideal for designing and estimating WiFi deployment headaches before the installation of any wireless access point.
With ZonePlanner, network managers can more easily and accurately plan, design, deploy and manage Ruckus Smart WLAN networks in any indoor environment.
ZonePlanner integrates directional, high-gain antenna patterns derived from BeamFlex, the Ruckus-patented and award-winning smart antenna array, and combines them with AirMagnet’s industry-leading planning tool.
Unlike other WiFi access points on the market that use omni-directional dipole antennas to blindly radiate Wi-Fi energy in all directions, each Ruckus ZoneFlex access point integrates a high-gain directional smart antenna array that constantly focuses and directs WiFi energy over the best performing signal paths to increase throughput and channel capacity while also significantly improving reliability and range.
By combining these state-of-the-art RF controls with powerful new planning tools, designing a world-class wireless LAN has never been easier.
- ZonePlanner Features
- Complete 802.11a/b/g/n/ac support with Ruckus APs
- 3D signal strength view
- Simple creation of coverage maps
- Ultra simple user interface
- Custom Ruckus beamforming antenna array patterns
- Manual or automatic AP placement with "advisor tool"
- WLAN throughput estimation
- Distance measurements
- Different coverage views
- Channel interference view
- Bill-of-Materials reporting
- Multi-platform (Windows/MAC) support
- ZonePlanner Benefits
- Make migration decisions to 802.11ac much easier and faster for existing legacy network environments
- Easily model WLAN changes, upgrades and roaming boundaries
- Properly size new wireless deployments for any environment or location
- Design networks before any physical AP roll-out begins
- Predict and optimize WLAN network performance
- Simplify estimating for wireless network deployments
- Build detailed indoor RF models based on building materials and environment
- Automate WLAN installation plans including all Ruckus AP deployment and configuration options
- Model any antenna and preview the impact to your WLAN
- Ensure complete RF signal coverage while minimizing signal leak into unsecured areas
Operating SystemsMicrosoft® Windows 7 Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Business/Ultimate (SP1) Microsoft XP™ Professional (SP3)/Tablet PC Edition 2005 (SP3) Apple OS X Leopard™ (Apple® MacBook® Pro running Windows XP™ PRO/SP3 using Boot Camp®).
ProcessorIntel® Pentium® M 1.6 GHz (Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.00 GHz or higher recommended)
Memory1 GB memory (2 GB recommended) for Windows XP™. 2 GB or higher required for Windows Vista™
Hard Drive Space800 MB of free disk space
Site Map ImageA site map in a format supported by Ruckus Planner (supported formats are: .bmp, .dib, .dwg, .dxf, .emf, .gif, .vsd, .jpg, or .wmf)