Virtual SmartZone - Essentials (vSZ-E)
Virtual Wireless LAN Controller for Mid-Sized Enterprises
Ready to leverage your virtual infrastructure to manage your wireless LAN—but worried about compromising? Worry no more. Virtual SmartZone-Essentials (vSZ-E) gives you loads of flexibility, lower deployment cost and the ability to scale your Wi-Fi network right up to 3,000 access points.
Want more control over the end-user experience? We’ve got you covered. Manage quality of experience with intuitive, visual troubleshooting and analytics tools.
Together with Ruckus access points – you get scale, control and deployment flexibility and your users get a consistently great Wi-Fi experience—fast, reliable and secure.
Lower CAPEX by Going Virtual
An all-virtual WLAN puts CAPEX where it’s needed most, while supporting network flexibility.
- A single low-cost license and a commodity x86 server with any popular hypervisor is all that’s needed for a Virtual SmartZone - Essentials instance. A single cluster scales to 3,000 APs.
- Active/Active 3+1 clustering eliminates wasted idle controller capacity and data loss during redundant failover, while minimizing configuration time when nodes are added.
- Ruckus vSZ-E centralizes WLAN management and flexibly integrates with the Ruckus vSZ-D or external WLAN gateways to accommodate complex data plane routing topologies.
- Offload WLAN and connectivity services such as DHCP/NAT to the AP or vSZ-D to reduce expenses for separate routers and servers.
Deliver a Better Quality of Experience
The vSZ-E gives IT the tools to ensure a better end-user Quality of Experience (QoE), while simplifying their workflow.
- Visual Connection Diagnostics lets IT troubleshoot client connection problems in real-time, helping to pinpoint the stage at which the failure occurs.
- Ruckus “super-KPIs” enable IT to more quickly detect and react to potential user experience degradation.
- Near real-time push streaming enables IT to access the full ruckus KPI library from their preferred analytics tool with no delay, no fidelity loss and no need to create a firewall pinhole.
- Easily monitor networks with a customizable interface and view topology maps, AP health, cluster health, traffic analysis, spectrum analysis and more.
Deploy Great Wi-Fi
Ruckus is known for exceptional Wi-Fi performance even under the most challenging network conditions. This means exceptionally happy users.
- Virtual Flexibility
- The vSZ-E makes possible an all-virtual branch campus deployment on commodity hardware supporting up to 3,000 APs, minimizing CAPEX and maximizing server reuse and flexibility.
- All-in-One Simplicity
- Virtual SmartZone (vSZ-E and vSZ-D) is a WLAN “network-in-a-box,” enabling IT to easily and cost-effectively deploy and scale a high-performance WLAN, with no requirement for stand-alone elements.
- Comprehensive Experience Management
- Visual Connection Diagnostics speeds and simplifies troubleshooting and client problem resolution while unique “super-KPIs” enable IT to more quickly detect and react to potential user experience degradation.
- Multi-variate, Role-based Policies
- Optional Ruckus Cloudpath integration lets IT to create rich location-, device- and user-based policy rules, enabling network segmentation based on real security and policy needs rather than a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Survivable Configuration and Reporting
- Store up to 30 days of network configuration and client data on internal storage drives.
- Automated AP Provisioning
- L3 and L2 auto-discovery of APs and AP auto-configuration reduces manual administration.
- Mobile Device Friendly
- Support Bonjour services and control mDNS traffic like Apple’s AirPlay, AirPrint, and ChromeCast across VLANs and subnets.
- Additional Advanced Features
- Rogue AP detection, interference detection and mitigation, band steering, airtime fairness, hotspot, guest networking services and more.
Number of APs supported3,000 per cluster
Clients30,000 per cluster
Ethernet ports1 vNIC
Authentication support802.1x, local database, Active Directory, RADIUS, LDAP
Guest networking / captive portalYes
AP discovery and controlL2/L3
Management interfaceWeb, SCI
Management protocol(s)SNMP v3
VLAN supportDynamic VLANs
DeploymentPrivate / Public Cloud