Wireless LAN Controller for Mid-Sized Enterprises
Need a more cost-effective way to scale your on-premises wireless LAN? We hear you. SmartZone 100 (SZ100) lets you grow your Wi-Fi network right up to 3,000 access points without wasting money on idle redundant controller capacity.
Want more control over the end-user experience? We’ve got you covered. Manage quality of experience with intuitive, visual troubleshooting and analytics tools.
Together with Ruckus access points – you get scale, control and deployment flexibility and your users get a consistently great Wi-Fi experience—fast, reliable and secure.
Scale Your WLAN, Fast
SmartZone 100 provides everything needed to rollout an enterprise Wi-Fi network fast.
- A physical controller with multiple 1GbE and 10GbE ports in a rack mountable 1U form factor.
- 3+1 clustering delivers up to 3,000 APs per cluster.
- Connect up to 60,000 clients, and support tunneled or local break-out user traffic.
Deliver a Better Quality of Experience
The SZ100 gives IT the tools to ensure a better end-user Quality of Experience (QoE), while simplifying their workflow.
- Visual Connection Diagnostics lets IT troubleshoot client connection problems in real-time, helping to pinpoint the stage at which the failure occurs.
- Ruckus “super-KPIs” enable IT to more quickly detect and react to potential user experience degradation.
- Near real-time push streaming enables IT to access the full ruckus KPI library from their preferred analytics tool with no delay, no fidelity loss and no need to create a firewall pinhole.
- Easily monitor networks with a customizable interface and view topology maps, AP health, cluster health, traffic analysis, spectrum analysis and more.
Reduce infrastructure expenses with flexible AP licensing and simplify license management with the cloud.
- Lower your TCO by buying licenses in 1-AP increments and avoid waste with tiered AP licensing schemes.
- Licenses can easily migrate to other SmartZone systems if network requirements change.
- Move AP licenses between SmartZone controllers within and across any cluster.
Deploy Great Wi-Fi
Ruckus is known for exceptional Wi-Fi performance even under the most challenging network conditions. This means exceptionally happy users.
- Independent report shows Ruckus APs outperforming all other 802.11ac and 802.11n wireless APs.
- Patented Ruckus BeamFlex adaptive antenna technology creates optimal antenna patterns for each device.
- ChannelFly technology dynamically switches a client to a better channel if the one it’s using starts to degrade.
- High Scale, Easily Scalable
- A single SZ100 appliance can manage 1,000 APs, while 3+1 active clustering increases capacity to 3,000 APs and 30K clients.
- Superior Availability
- Active/active clustering delivers higher availability and resiliency than traditional N+1 standby. 3x fans further improve uptime.
- Comprehensive Experience Management
- Visual Connection Diagnostics speeds and simplifies troubleshooting and client problem resolution while unique “super-KPIs” enable IT to more quickly detect and react to potential user experience degradation.
- Multi-variate, Role-based Policies
- Optional Ruckus Cloudpath integration lets IT to create rich location-, device- and user-based policy rules, enabling network segmentation based on real security and policy needs rather than on a one-size-fits-all approach.
- Survivable Configuration and Reporting
- The SZ100 can store up to 30 days of network configuration and client data on internal storage drives even with reboots.
- Automated AP Provisioning
- L3 and L2 auto-discovery of APs and AP auto-configuration reduces manual administration.
- Mobile Device Friendly
- Support Bonjour services and control mDNS traffic like Apple’s AirPlay, AirPrint, and ChromeCast across VLANs and subnets.
- Additional Advanced Features
- Rogue AP detection, interference detection and mitigation, band steering, airtime fairness, hotspot, guest networking services and more.
Number of APs supportedUp to 1,000 per unit
Up to 3,000 per cluster
ClientsUp to 25,000 per unit
Up to 60,000 per cluster
Physical size1RU rack mountable
Ethernet ports4x 1GbE ports
2x 10GbE ports
Authentication supportPSK, 802.1x, Active Directory, RADIUS, LDAP, open
Guest networking / captive portalYes
AP discovery and controlL3
Management protocol(s)SNMP v3
VLAN supportDynamic VLANs
DeploymentPrivate / Public Cloud