Virtual SmartZone – Data Plane (vSZ-D)
Virtual Wireless LAN Data Plane Controller
Do you need to support multiple, secure options for routing user traffic? Is centralized management critical, but also the ability to tunnel tenant traffic locally instead of through constrained WAN links? Is the ability to support regional client services like roaming and connectivity without costly remote appliances not just nice but vital? Worry not. The Virtual SmartZone-Data Plane (vSZ-D) supports sophisticated wireless LAN data plane deployments and seamlessly integrates with our vSZ-E and vSZ-H controllers.
The vSZ-D with our vSZ controllers uniquely supports an all-virtual environment which minimizes CAPEX spending, while maximizing Wi-Fi deployment flexibility and scale.
Together with Ruckus access points – you get scale, control and deployment flexibility and your users get a consistently great Wi-Fi experience—fast, reliable and secure.
Lower CAPEX by Going Virtual
An all-virtual WLAN puts CAPEX where it’s needed most, while supporting network flexibility.
- A single low-cost license and a commodity x86 server with any popular hypervisor is all that’s needed for a Virtual SmartZone – Data Plane instance.
- Multiple secure tunneling options from local breakout to 3rd party gateways ensure all deployment architectures are supported.
- Paired seamless with the vSZ for centralizes WLAN management.
- Active/Active 3+1 clustering eliminates wasted idle controller capacity and data loss during redundant failover, while minimizing configuration time when nodes are added.
Deliver a Better Service
Integrated features ensure a better end-user Quality of Experience (QoE), while minimizing costs and enhancing compliance.
- Offload WLAN connectivity services such as DHCP/NAT to the vSZ-D eliminates extraneous appliances.
- Distributed vSZ-D instances interconnect enabling layer 3 roaming without additional mobility controllers.
- Support lawful intercept of encrypted traffic to maintain CALEA compliance.
Deploy Great Wi-Fi
Ruckus is known for exceptional Wi-Fi performance even under the most challenging network conditions. This means exceptionally happy users.
- Independent report shows Ruckus APs outperforming all other 802.11ac and 802.11n wireless APs.
- Patented Ruckus BeamFlex adaptive antenna technology creates optimal antenna patterns for each device.
- ChannelFly technology dynamically switches a client to a better channel if the one it’s using starts to degrade.
- Secure Tunneled WLANs
- Enables forwarding of user data traffic through secure tunnels on Ruckus APs with data packet forwarding throughput of 1Gbps, 10Gbps or higher.
- Centralized Management
- Deploy vSZ-D with the vSZ within a centralized data center, or remotely at tenant locations while maintaining centralized control over the entire wireless network.
- Deployment Simplicity
- The vSZ-D seamlessly integrates with the vSZ which makes network management easy and more flexible. vSZ-D also supports 3rd party wireless gateway integration.
- Minimize CAPEX. Maximize Performance.
- The use of inexpensive commodity Intel servers along with the Intel DPDK framework provides high scale data packet forwarding while minimizing costs.
- DHCP / NAT
- DHCP services on the vSZ-D enable high-speed wireless client IP assignment, while NAT services help reduce mac-address scaling challenges on infrastructure switches.
- Layer 3 Roaming
- Distributed vSZ-D instances interconnect via Ruckus GRE tunnels enabling layer 3 roaming without the need for a separate mobility controller.
- Lawful Intercept
- Support lawful intercept of encrypted traffic to maintain CALEA compliance on public or government-owned networks. Enable the mirroring of client traffic to a LIG (Lawful Intercept Gateway) over L2oGRE (Soft-GRE).