Wireless LAN Controller for Operators, ISPs and Large Campus
If you’re looking to build a mass-scale wireless LAN and want the peace of mind that comes with purpose-built hardware, look no further. If you need it to be multi-tenant capable to support your Wi-Fi managed services business, you’ve come to the right place. SmartZone 300 (SZ300) is a carrier-grade WLAN controller that gives you the flexibility you need to manage complex network architectures—and business models—for networks of practically any scale.
Want more control over the end-user experience? We’ve got you covered. Manage quality of experience with intuitive, visual troubleshooting and analytics tools.
Together with Ruckus access points – you get scale, control and deployment flexibility and your users get a consistently great Wi-Fi experience—fast, reliable and secure.
Offer Great WaaS
SmartZone 300 enables service providers to easily, flexibly and securely deliver Wi-Fi-as-a-Service (WaaS).
- Sophisticated zone and domain segmentation gives MSPs the flexibility to enable non-hosting service providers with their own domains, to run different SmartZone OS versions in different zones, and countless other options.
- Independent, containerized tenants minimize the risk of degraded end user experience and enhances data privacy between tenants.
Scale at Will
The SZ300 is built for service-provider scale and availability.
- A single cluster scales to 30,000 APs and 300,000 clients.
- Active/Active 3+1 clustering eliminates wasted idle controller capacity and data loss during redundant failover, while minimizing configuration time when nodes are added.
- Purpose-built hardware with hot-swappable power supplies, 3x fan sets and redundant disk drives further improve uptime.
Deliver a Better Quality of Experience
The SZ300 gives IT the tools to ensure a better end-user Quality of Experience (QoE), while simplifying their workflow.
- Visual Connection Diagnostics lets IT troubleshoot client connection problems in real-time, helping to pinpoint the stage at which the failure occurs.
- Ruckus “super-KPIs” enable IT to more quickly detect and react to potential user experience degradation.
- Near real-time push streaming enables IT to access the full ruckus KPI library from their preferred analytics tool with no delay, no fidelity loss and no need to create a firewall pinhole.
- Easily monitor networks with a customizable interface and view topology maps, AP health, cluster health, traffic analysis, spectrum analysis and more.
Deploy Great Wi-Fi
Ruckus is known for exceptional Wi-Fi performance even under the most challenging network conditions. This means exceptionally happy users.
- Independent report shows Ruckus APs outperforming all other 802.11ac and 802.11n wireless APs.
- Patented Ruckus BeamFlex adaptive antenna technology creates optimal antenna patterns for each device.
- ChannelFly technology dynamically switches a client to a better channel if the one it’s using starts to degrade.
- Unmatched Scale
- A single SZ300 appliance can manage 10K APs, while 3+1 active clustering increases capacity to 30K APs and 300K clients.
- Superior Availability
- Active/Active clustering delivers higher availability and resiliency than traditional N+1 standby. Hot-swappable power supplies, 3x fan sets and redundant disk drives further improve uptime.
- Multi-tier Managed Services
- Multi-tenancy, domain segmentation and containerization enable secure delivery of managed WLAN services in complex, multi-tier business model and multi-geo contexts, including MVNO.
- Comprehensive Experience Management
- Visual Connection Diagnostics speeds and simplifies troubleshooting and client problem resolution while unique “super-KPIs” enable IT to more quickly detect and react to potential user experience degradation.
- Multi-variate, Role-based Policies
- Optional Ruckus Cloudpath integration lets IT to create rich location-, device- and user-based policy rules, enabling network segmentation based on real security and policy needs rather than on a one-size-fits-all approach.
- High-Fidelity Streaming Data
- For organizations using their own network analytics tools, SmartZone supplies a near real-time feed of all KPIs, enabling IT to effectively respond in the event of rapidly deteriorating network conditions, without requiring firewall pinholes.
- Survivable Configuration and Reporting
- Store up to 30 days of network configuration and client data on internal redundant storage drives.
- Additional Advanced WLAN Features
- Rogue AP detection, interference detection and mitigation, band steering, airtime fairness, hotspot, guest networking services and more
Number of APs supportedUp to 10,000 per unit
Up to 30,000 per cluster
ClientsUp to 100,000 per unit
Up to 300,000 per cluster
Physical size2RU rack mountable
Ethernet ports6x 1GbE ports
4x 10GbE ports
Authentication supportPSK, 802.1x, Active Directory, RADIUS, LDAP, Open
Guest networking / captive portalYes
AP discovery and controlL2/L3
Management interfaceWeb, CLI, SCI
Management protocol(s)SNMP v3
VLAN supportDynamic VLANs
DeploymentPrivate / Public Cloud
Power supplyDual Redundant Hot-swappable DC/AC
Fans6 Fans, 3 Sets (FRU)