Virtual SmartZone – Data Plane (vSZ-D)
NFV-compliant WLAN Secure Data Plane Manager
Enterprises and Service Providers must meet growing demands for how to more efficiently handle user data in distributed networks. Today's wireless customer expectations require delivering secure, high-performance, reliable and scalable WiFi services. The Ruckus virtual SmartZone – Data Plane (vSZ-D) is a virtualized WLAN solution that assists to meet these demands.
Designed as a Network Functions Virtualization (NFV) application, vSZ-D can be easily deployed within an existing vSZ-E or vSZ-H network to provide secure and flexible user data plane management in either distributed or centralized configurations. This can address customer requirements to secure guest network Internet traffic, meet PCI compliance, and optimize VoIP quality by managing aggregates traffic through the secure tunnels. Leveraging the vSZ-D NFV architecture can also lower TCO/CAPEX costs and scales upwards to 10K APs and 100K clients per instance.
- Secure Tunneled WLANs
- Enables forwarding of user data traffic through secure tunnels on Ruckus APs when managed by Virtual SmartZone controllers
- Flexible & Scalable Deployment Architectures
- An industry-first support for centralized as well as distributed deployment topologies while enabling independent data plane and control plane scaling.
- Deployment and Operational Simplicity
- Works seamlessly with vSZ controllers simplifying the need for WiFi network management
- Site Level QoS and Policy control
- Service policy and QoS can be applied to the aggregated data flow on a site level rather than per WLAN or AP, thus simplifying and optimizing policy decisions for WiFi network operators*
*In post version 1 release
- Multiple Hypervisor Support
- Supports the most widely deployed VMware and KVM hypervisors
- Dynamic data plane scaling
- Supports 1Gbps, 10Gbps or even higher throughput capacities to support all types of enterprise and carrier deployments that can be dynamically tuned without needing software updates
- Seamless integration with vSZ controller
- Simple integration and management with vSZ controller clustering architecture enables support for multiple vSZ-D instances
- 2 vSZ-D instances per vSZ instance
- 8 vSZ-D instances per vSZ cluster of 4 instances
- The vSZ controller runs in Active/Active (3+1) mode for extremely high availability. Each vSZ-D runs as an independent virtual machine instance that is managed by the vSZ controller.
- Superior data plane functions
- Encrypted tunnel aggregation from all types of WLANs (Captive portal, 802.1x, HS2.0), VLANs, DHCP Relay, NAT traversal