Ruckus ZoneFlex™ 7762-S
One of the World’s First Concurrent 2.4/5GHz 802.11n Sector Access Point for unprecedented range, throughput and reliability
The Ruckus ZoneFlex 7762-S is one of the industry’s first 802.11n outdoor access point featuring a long-range, high-gain sectorized smart antenna array that integrates adaptive antenna technology and unique interference mitigation technology to deliver up to an additional 6dB of BeamFlex gain, physical antenna gain up to 12 dBi and 15 dB of interference mitigation within a 120° azimuth. This advanced smart Wi-Fi design with concurrent 802.11n radios delivers 150 Mbps of sustained throughput between mesh APs 600 meters apart and 50 Mbps of sustained throughput to clients 300 meters away.
The ZoneFlex 7762-S is perfect for providers looking to quickly and economically expand branded broadband services, offload data traffic from congested 3G networks, deploy multimedia hotspots or offer wireless broadband services where fixed line access is limited. Concurrent 2.4/5GHz 802.11n radios for access and backhaul traffic deliver high-throughput to clients.
A directional antenna array and expert QoS software optimize delay-sensitive, IP video and high-density voice over Wi-Fi (VoFi) applications and PoE output allows connecting other devices such as an IP camera. Integrated Smart Mesh Networking technology automates deployment and eliminates running expensive cables to every outdoor AP.
The ZoneFlex 7762-S can be deployed as a standalone AP and managed individually, or centrally managed by the ZoneDirector Smart WLAN controller or through the FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi management system as part of a unified indoor/outdoor wireless LAN. The Ruckus ZoneFlex 7762-S simply plugs into any Ethernet network and is automatically discovered by the ZoneDirector.
Integrates BeamFlex™ Smart Antenna Technology
- Enables consistent, high performance, extended coverage and multimedia support
- Automatic RF tuning adapts to constant changes in the environment with no client configuration needed
- Minimizes inter-nodal hops that degrade performance
- Results in fewer APs, more satisfied users
Provides Enormous Areas of Coverage
- Ideal for suburban/low-rise coverage
- Perfect for offloading data traffic from 3G networks, extending carrier-branded broadband services, optimizing coverage and capacity
- Excellent for delivering new wireless broadband access services in areas where fixed line access is non-existent or cost prohibitive
Hardened enclosure for harsh outdoor environments
- IP-67 water and dust proof plastic enclosure with flexible wall, pole or ceiling mounting options ensures that no distortion of WiFi signals is introduced
- Built-in heater for cold climate (-40° C)
- Two external N-type antenna connectors
- Standard 802.3af/at Power over Ethernet (PoE), Ruckus custom high power PoE injector included, standard 802.3af output for surveillance camera
True Plug-And Play Multimedia Wireless LAN (WLAN) with Unmatched Ease of Use
- Quality of Service technology provides 4 queues per client station
- BeamFlex and Quality of Service technology deliver 600 Mbps of user throughput (300 Mbps/radio) for 20 concurrent voice calls, 100 simultaneous data users or 20 Mbps of guaranteed user throughput for over 100 meters (line of sight)
- No RF tuning or client configuration needed
- Web-based wizard supports configuration by non-wireless expert through ZoneDirector
- Managed individually or through the FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi management system
- Secure, sophisticated WLAN can be created in minutes
The Ruckus ZoneFlex 7762-S is one of the industry’s first 802.11n outdoor access point featuing a long-range, high-gain sectorized smart antenna array for unprecedented range, throughput and reliability at a fraction of the cost of conventional alternatives.
The ZoneFlex 7762 is the first dual-band 802.11n outdoor access point to integrate dynamic beamforming technology to enable much longer range signals, better signal penetration inside buildings, and more resilient mesh connections that automatically adapt to interference and changing environmental conditions.
This high-gain smart antenna array supports up to 100 simultaneous data users or 20 concurrent voice calls, and capable of sustaining 20 Mbps of performance over 100 meters (LOS) and up to 10 Mbps of sustained throughput up to 300 meters per radio. Superior signal coverage reduces the number of APs required for any given area.
Smart Wi-Fi applied outdoors now enables new revenue-generating services such as community Wi-Fi, IP-video applications, multimedia hotspots, extended WLAN services outdoors and 3G data offloading.
Dynamic RF Management
A patented, sectorized smart antenna array in each ZoneFlex 7762-S outdoor AP integrates horizontally and vertically polarized high-gain, directional antenna elements to provide 24 potential signal paths to any given end device while delivering up to 10dBi in signal gain and up to 15dB of interference avoidance within a 120 degree azimuth for a remarkable increase in Wi-Fi coverage, better signal penetration into buildings, and more resilient mesh connections that automatically adapt to changing environmental conditions.
Advanced smart Wi-Fi design with concurrent 802.11n radios delivers 150 Mbps of sustained throughput between mesh APs 600 meters apart and 50 Mbps of sustained throughput to clients 300 meters away. Directional, high-gain antennas dynamically combine to deliver two- to four-times the coverage over typical outdoor APs. A directional antenna array combined with expert QoS software optimize delay-sensitive, IP video and high-density voice over Wi-Fi (VoFi) applications and PoE output allows connecting other devices such as an IP camera.
A sleek, lightweight design hiding external antennas is combined with ultra-simple, Wizard-based configuration to make configuration and installation as simple as it gets, performed in minutes, not hours.
Water and dust-proof IP-67 plastic enclosure with flexible mounting options ensures that no distortion of Wi-Fi signals is introduced. ZoneFlex 7762-S can be deployed in harsh environmental conditions ranging from -40°C – 65°C (-40°F – 149°F).
Simple wall-mounting options make deployment fast and easy. Pole-mounting can be performed in minutes with all configuration and management performed centrally. An automatic signal optimizer modifies RF transmissions based on the orientation of the access point. Power over Ethernet (PoE) output for surveillance camera.
Self-Organizing, Self-Healing Wireless Meshing. Reduced Costs
Integrated Smart Mesh Networking technology automates deployment and eliminates running expensive cables to every outdoor AP . Supporting advanced Smart Mesh Networking, the ZoneFlex 7762-S is perfect for providers looking to quickly and economically expand branded broadband services, offload data traffic from congested 3G networks, deploy multimedia hotspots or offer wireless broadband services where fixed line access is limited. Separate radios for access and backhaul traffic deliver high-throughput to clients.
Differentiated Services with Multiple SSIDs
Up to eight discrete SSIDs can be configured per ZoneFlex radio (16 total) , each with unique broadcast, QoS, security, and management parameters assigned. This enables operators to easily offer tiered services to different user or traffic types.
Used with ZoneDirector, ZoneFlex 7762-S provides first-of-its-kind automatic user security enforcement. With Ruckus Dynamic PSK™, new users simply plug their computers into the LAN, then specify a URL that directs them to a captive portal for a one-time authentication. Then, ZoneDirector automatically configures the user’s system with the designated SSID and a unique, dynamically-generated encryption key.
Simple Deployment and Configuration
The ZoneFlex 7762-S can be centrally managed by the ZoneDirector Smart WLAN controller as part of a unified indoor/ outdoor wireless LAN or deployed as a standalone AP and managed individually or through the FlexMaster remote Wi-Fi management system. A Web-based wizard allows any computer user to configure ZoneFlex 7762-S through the ZoneDirector™ — creating a secure and sophisticated WLAN in a matter of minutes. The ZoneFlex 7762-S simply plugs into any Ethernet network and automatically discover the ZoneDirector. No RF tuning, no client configuration needed. A true plug-and-play outdoor WLAN that is ready to use.
Physical Characteristics Power Power over Ethernet and 12V DC Physical Size 23.9 cm (L), 19.5 cm (W), 14.1 cm (H) Weight 1900 grams (4.19 lbs.) RF
- Adaptive antenna array that provides 24 unique antenna patterns
- Maximum EIRP1
- 2.4 GHz: 35 dBm
- 5 GHz: 31 dBm
- Physical antenna gain:
- 12dBi 2.4 GHz and 10dBi 5 GHz
- BeamFlex SINR Tx gain2: up to 6 dB
- BeamFlex SINR Rx gain: up to 4 dB
- Interference mitigation: up to 15 dB
- Minimum Rx sensitivity3: -95 dBm
- 2 ports, auto MDX, auto-sensing RJ-45
- 10/100/1000 Mbps Power over Ethernet (802.3at) input
- 10/100 Mbps Power over Ethernet (802.3af) output
- IP-67 rated
- Operating air temperature: -40°C – 65° C (-40°F – 149°F) -20C when heater disabled
Performance and Supported Configurations Concurrent Stations Up to 100/radio Simultaneous Vo-Fi Clients up to 20 Traffic Management and Quality of Services Classes of Service Voice, video, best effort and background Software Queues Four per station 802.11e Supported Automatic Traffic Classification Automatic type of service tagging for multicast video packets Rate Limiting Supported VLAN support 802.1Q Heuristic Classification Supported Deployment Options
- Managed by ZoneDirector
- Individually managed
- Managed by FlexMaster
PoE Injector Ruckus custom high power PoE injector included Management Configuration Web user interface, CLI (Telnet), SSH HTTP/S, SNMP statistics interface, TR-069 through FlexMaster Statistics LAN, wireless and associated stations (accessible via Web UI) Auto AP Software Updates FTP or TFTP, remote auto available Wi-Fi Standards
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz concurrent operation
Supported Data Rates
- 802.11n: 6.5Mbps – 130Mbps (20MHz)
6.5Mbps – 300Mbps (40MHz)
- 802.11a: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
- 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps
- 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
Radio Chains 3x3 Spatial Streams 2 Max RF Power Output 20 dBm / 600 mW Channelization 20 MHz and/or 40 MHz Frequency Band
- IEEE 802.11n: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz and 5.15 – 5.85 GHz
- IEEE 802.11a: 5.15 – 5.875 GHz
- IEEE 802.11b: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz
- 2.4 GHz channels: US/Canada: 1-11, Europe (ETSI X30): 1-13
- 5 GHz channels: Country dependent for the following channel ranges: 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 56, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 120, 124, 128, 132, 136, 140, 149, 153, 157, 161, 165, 169, 173
BSSID Up to eight per radio (16 total) Power Save Supported Wireless Security
- WEP, WPA-PSK, WPA-TKIP, WPA2 AES, 802.11i
- Authentication via 802.1X with the ZoneDirector, local authentication database, support for RADIUS and ActiveDirectory
- U.S., Europe, Canada, Australia, India, China, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Philippines, New Zealand
- WEEE/RoHS compliance
- Wi-Fi Alliance Certification (Wi-Fi Certified™)
BeamFlex gains are statistical system-level effects, translated to enhanced SINR here, and based on observations over time in real-world conditions with multiple APs and many clients
Rx sensitivity varies by band, channel width, and MCS rate
- Customer Videos
- Data/Feature Sheets
- White/Black Papers
- Application Notes
- Product Info